POCO just announced the POCO X3, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone as it had promised. It packs a 6.67-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 3.8mm, punch-hole screen, 120Hz refresh rate with Dynamic switching between 120Hz, 90Hz, 60Hz or 50Hz and has 240Hz touch sampling rate, same as the X3, but comes with Corning Gorilla 6 protection. It is the first phone to be powered by Snapdragon 860 SoC that is clocked up to 2.96GHz like the Snapdragon 855+, but it doesn’t have 5G support. The phone has up to 8GB of RAM, comes with liquid cooling 1.0 Plus with copper heat pipe and dual graphite to reduce the temperature by up to 6° C, and runs Android 11 with MIUI 12 on top.
The phone has Z-axis linear motor that offers over 150 different haptic vibration and has matte finish dual texture in the back and on the sides to prevent fingerprints. It packs 48-megapixel 1/2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, 2-megapixel 4cm super macro and a 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots. On the front there is a 20-megapixel camera. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5160mAh battery with 33W fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 59 minutes.
POCO X3 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10, up to 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla 6 protection
- Up to 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 860 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 165.3×76.8×9.4mm; Weight: 215g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5160mAh battery with 33W fast charging
The POCO X3 Pro comes in Phantom Black, Frost Blue and Metal Bronze colours, is priced at 249 euros (US$ 296 / Rs. 21,480 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 299 euros (US$ 356 / Rs. 25,790 approx.). It will be available at 199 euros (US$ 237 / Rs. 17,165 approx.) and 249 euros (US$ 296 / Rs. 21,480 approx.), respectively as early bird pricing when it goes on sale during March 24th to April 1st. We should know the India price of the phone when it is launched on March 30th.